PNWMDGC MDGA Milking Competition 2020
Milk Competition Entry Deadline: June 10th, 2020
June 27th-28th, 2019 7:30 milk times at Longview, WA Fairgrounds
==> Entry Form Entry deadline is June 1st
Entry is $7 per doe
Milking competition will be an Official One Day Milk Test. Highest producing doe on this test will receive a prize for being top milker! All goats on test will have a chance to earn their production awards! Great opportunity for those without a tester in their area, or needing a verification test done!
MILKING COMPETITION RULES & REGULATIONS
- All goats participating in a One Day Milk Competition must be on the testing premises at least 24 hours prior to the final milk out and must be on the premises for the duration of that 24 hours.
- 24 hours prior to the final milk out all does will be stripped dry and verified by the tester to be dry.
- The identity of all does in the competition will be verified by the checking tattoos and registration papers by the Show Secretary or Superintendent. A semi-permanent means of identification will be placed by the superintend on the animal at that time and recorded for quick reference during the next 2 milking.
All goats at the time of verification of identification will be measured.
- There will be 3 milkings in the 24 hours. One initial milk out (no samples taken)and weight will be recorded, a second milk out will be taken 12 hours following the weight will be recorded and ½ of a sample vial to be collected at that time, and a 3rd milking 12 hours following the second milk out the milk will be weighed and the remaining ½ of sample vial will be filled at that time.
- All forms and milk samples must be in secured possession of the supervisor or tester for the duration of the test and they are responsible transporting and mailing (or emailing) official forms and samples.